Monday, July 2, 2012

Another move

It's been a while, over a year in fact! But the inteveneing 12 months has seen my family and I move to Adelaide and take up new lives and jobs in this wonderful city. We intend for this to be a permanent move and so have spent a good part of the last year planning the move of Clarabelle over to South Australia to join us. And that happend last month when she arrived on the back of Mario's truck, delivered to the new site at the St Kilda Tramway Museum.

On the back of the truck, leaving Wellington

Clarabelle now stands on a small plot sublet by the Tramway Museum to the SA Finescale Modellers club of which I'm now a member. She's much more accessible for me here being just an easy 35 minute drive from my new home so hopefully I'll be able to make some more serious progress on her restoration and refit!

Stay tuned!

Safe and sound at her new home in Adelaide


... And here are a few more pics of the big move.
Getting ready to load at the Wellington end, Mario checks his truck

Uncle Purrie checks out the alignment

and up she goes!

On arrival at St Kilda the truck moves Clarabelle into position to drop the rails before moving forward

Abbs cooks snags for all the helpers while Clarabell is unloaded in the background
Unloading in progress

Mario, Abbie and me pose for a pic when the job is done



No comments:

Post a Comment