Sunday, September 2, 2012

Building a deck


It’s been a couple of weeks and it’s not like I haven’t been doing anything, just that I haven’t been working directly on the carriage and work has been slow.
I’ve been building a deck next to the carriage to make access easier. I actually started some time back, buying the various timbers and cutting the posts to let in the joists, adding stirrups to the posts etc so that, theoretically, I’d have all the bits on site and I’d just have to bolt the whole thing together. Of course it’s not that simple and this is the result of two weekend’s construction activities at the site.


However, I am pleased with the way it’s coming together – except for that wonky post on the corner (as straight as a dog’s back leg). I have a plan to sort that out and eventually the deck will extend for three times this length along the carriage. Already getting in and out is so much easier but there’s a lot of effort and hard work in making life easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment